It’s that time of year again!
The 13th annual Celebrity Softball Challenge will be played on July 8th at Barry University’s baseball stadium, in Miami Florida.
Our captains; MLB Alum Steve Garvey and boxing legend Evander Holyfield will lead an all-star lineup, featuring local pro athletes from the NBA and NFL. Rosters to date include:
TEAM GARVEY (Steve Garvey)
- Anthony “Rumble” Johnson – UFC
- Billy Blanks – Tae Bo Creator
- Cazzey Cerrighino –Actor
- Dion Waiters – Miami Heat – Shooting Guard
- Jarvis Landry – Miami Dolphins – Wide Receiver
- Neville Hewett – Miami Dolphins – Linebacker
- Bryon Maxwell – Miami Dolphins – Cornerback
- Rashawn Scott – Miami Dolphins – Wide Receiver
- Antrel Rolle – Former NFL – Arizona Cardinals, Chicago Bears – Safety TBD
*TEAM HOLYFIELD (Evander Holyfield)
- Uncle Luke – Local Icon
- Carlito Londono – Co-founder/ Chief Communications Officer of UniverseNetwork.tv, Music executive, A&R and entrepreneur
- Maffio – Producer/Musician
- Hassan Whiteside – Miami Heat – Center
- Sam Young – Miami Dolphins – Tackle
- Lawrence Timmons – Miami Dolphins – Linebacker
- Walt Aikems – Miami Dolphins – Cornerback
- Johnathan Cyprien – Tennessee Titans – Safety
The game will kick off with an interactive Family Fun Zone at 10:30 a.m., followed by a Home Run Hitting Contest at noon and
capping off with the exciting Vets vs 1st Responders of Miami ‘mini’ game.
The colors and National Anthem will be presented at 1:00 p.m., and the coin toss and throwing out of the first pitch taking place at 1:15 p.m.
This year’s event will be live streamed on ESPN 3, and aired as a special feature on A&E, Delta In-flight, Cox Sports and FSN Florida.
This year’s softball event will benefit K9s for Warriors and Mission 22.
More updates to come, so stay tuned.
Official Equipment Partners:
Our Wonderful Charities of Choice:
Catch the 2016 Celebrity Softball Challenge, and make plans to join us on July 8th at Barry University in Miami!