Cherry Tomato Greek Pizza
Marinate the veggies the night before for a great flavor
• Red onion cut into thin half moons: 2
• Extra virgin Olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• Minced garlic
• Cherry tomatoes cut in half : 1 cup
• Crumbled feta cheese: 1/2 cup
• Large pita bread if you can find it. Otherwise use regular size.
• Fresh lemon juice
• Fresh good olives usually from a the salad bar
1. In a glass or metal bowl combine onion, tomatoes, olives, lemon juice and all the dried seasons feta and drizzle about 2-3 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. (do this the day before) cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Heat oven to 350°. While oven is heating take out your veggie and feta mix from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature. Drain the excess oil from the veggies but reserve the oil.
3. Use the reserve oil to brush all of your pita bread. Place in the the broiler on low to crisp the bread. Spread the mixture over the pita bread evenly and put into the oven for 10 minutes.
4. For little added color you can return the pizza back into the broiler on very low just for a little bit you just want it to brown on the top takeout and serve hot.