Hot Wings Recipe
Over night rest
- Chicken wings (party wings): 4 lbs
• Baking powder: 1 tablespoon
• Kosher salt
• Whole cumin seed : 1 tablespoon
• Whole fennel seed: 1 teaspoon
• Thai red pepper flakes: 1 tablespoon
• Whole Serrano pepper: 1 tablespoon
• Olive oil: 2 teaspoons
• Sugar in the raw: 1 tablespoon
• Chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems: 1/2 cup
• Scallions thinly sliced: 4
• Baking racks: 2 -3
• Cooling racks
- Line baking sheets with foil and set rack inside. Completely dry wings with paper towels.
2. Place wings in a large bowl. Sprinkle with baking powder and salt. Toss until evenly coated. Place on the racks and into the refrigerator rest uncovered at least 8 hrs.
3. Preheat oven to 450° adjust oven racks to upper and middle position. Cook wings for 20mins. Flip and continue to cook until crisp 20 mins each side.
4. In a small dry skillet combine cumin,fennel, Pepper flakes, Serrano pepper and toast over medium -low heat until fragrant about 1 or 2 minutes. Transfer blender or spice grinder add 1/2 tablespoon of salt and sugar and grind to a powder.
5. When wings are finished and still hot toss them with oil, spice powder, cilantro, and scallions. Toss until coated