Dark Chocolate Tea Truffles
- 24 oz. dark chocolate, cut in small chunks
- 12 oz. heavy cream
- 1 oz. Lapsang Souchong whole leaf tea
- 4 oz. corn syrup
- 4 oz. unsalted butter
- 1 t. roasted sesame oil
- 4 oz. sesame seeds, toasted until fragrant and light golden-brown
- Cocoa powder, as needed
1. Put chocolate in heatproofstainless-steel bowl.
2. In heavy saucepan, bring cream and tea leaves to a boil. Remove from heat; allow to stand about 5 minutes. Pour through fine-meshed sieve; reheat to a simmer. Add corn syrup, butter and sesame oil; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Pour over chocolate in bowl; stir to melt chocolate fully. Allow to cool slightly. Scoop onto parchment paper-lined sheet. Refrigerate until firm, 2-3 hours.
3. Ball generous teaspoons of mixture; shape. Coat each truffle in sesame seeds and/or cocoa powder.
Keep chilled until 15 minutes before service.
Reprinted with permission from the American Culinary Federation:The National Culinary Review, October 2016. For more delicious recipes visit www.acfchefs.org