The 13th Annual Celebrity Sweat Softball Challenge™ will be played on Saturday, July 8th noon to 3:00P.M, at Barry University to help support The Caring House, which is a homeless shelter for women and children in South Florida, as well as two programs supporting our Veterans – Mission 22 and K-9’s for Warriors.
Join the players from the Miami Heat – Hassan Whiteside and Dion Waiters; from the Miami Dolphins – Jarvis Landry, Neville Hewett, Bryon Maxwell, Rashawn Scott, Sam Young, and Lawrence Timmons, Tennessee Titans Johnathan Cyprien, and former NFL star Antrel Rolle; Pro-Bowler/NFL Hall of Famer Chris Carter, and many more athletes and celebrities.
This year Celebrity captains are scheduled to be MLB Greats Steve Garvey and Jose Canseco.
More stars continue to sign-up for this event showing their support for the community and these important charities, including music sensation/producers Carlito, Maffio, Rapper Icon Mase, Local Legend “Uncle Luke”, the voice of the Miami Heat Jason Jackson and Miami Heat’s Director of Baseball Development & Analytics Shane Battier.
The first pitch will be thrown out by a Miami icon to be announced by July 4th. Go to CSweat.com for regular updates.
Fans can buy tickets at CSweat.com while inventory permits.
Apply for media credentials to Lisa@sppsports.com.
Doors open at 10:30A.M. for a Family Fun Zone which includes; interactive booths, sampling, and music, followed by the Winn-Dixie Home-Run Hitting Contest, a mini-game between local Vets and 1st Responders – and the main event, our 2017 Celebrity Softball Challenge.
A live-stream of the game will kick-in on ESPN3 at 1:00P.M. EST.
There will also be a 30-minute highlight show coming soon on Fox Sports Florida.
Stay-tuned to CSweat.com for more information. Get your tickets today. Come out and enjoy the action. Welcome the All-Stars to town, and support our community.
From your friends at Celebrity Sweat – see you there!
Promotional support from Coca-Cola Beverages, Monster Energy, DeMarini Sports, Wilson, Louisville Slugger, and Powered by Monster Headsets. The Home-Run Hitting Contest sponsored by Winn-Dixie.
*TEAM GARVEY (Steve Garvey)
- Jason Jackson – Miami Heat Radio
- Billy Blanks – Tae Bo Creator
- Cazzey Cerrighino –Actor
- Dion Waiters – Miami Heat – Shooting Guard
- Jarvis Landry – Miami Dolphins – Wide Receiver
- Neville Hewett – Miami Dolphins – Linebacker
- Bryon Maxwell – Miami Dolphins – Cornerback
- Rashawn Scott – Miami Dolphins – Wide Receiver
- Antrel Rolle – Former NFL – Arizona Cardinals, Chicago Bears – Safety
- Chris Carter – 8 Time Pro-Bowler – NFL Hall of Famer
*TEAM CANSECO (Jose Canseco)
- Uncle Luke – Local Icon
- Carlito Londono – Co-founder/ Chief Communications Officer of UniverseNetwork.tv, Music executive, A&R and entrepreneur
- Maffio – Producer/Musician
- Hassan Whiteside – Miami Heat – Center
- Sam Young – Miami Dolphins – Tackle
- Lawrence Timmons – Miami Dolphins – Linebacker
- Walt Aikens – Miami Dolphins – Cornerback
- Johnathan Cyprien – Tennessee Titans – Safety
- Shane Battier – Miami Heat – Director of Basketball Development & Analytics
- Mase – Miami local icon – Rapper
***First Pitch – Chris Carter
Special Guest Appearance by Ray Lewis, NFL – Hurricanes
Enter now for a chance to win an exclusive Football FanPack! Read more details here.
“GET READY FOR FOOTBALL ACTION” SWEEPSTAKES
BEGINNING 12:01 A.M. (PT) 7/1/17, AND ENDING 11:59 P.M. (PT) 7/15/17.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS & VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED
- Open only to legal residents of California, 18 years of age or older, as of 4/23/17. Employees of the Ralph’s Grocery Store and Markets (Participating Retailer), Sports Profiles, (Administrator of the Sweepstakes), Farmer John Foods/Hormel Foods Corp., The Hershey Company (Sponsors/participating vendors), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and the immediate families of such employees (parents, spouses, children, siblings) and those living in the same household, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate or win.
- How To Enter: There are two (2) methods of entry. Regardless of method of entry, each entrant may only enter the Sweepstakes once each day (that is, 12:00 A.M. PT – 11:59 P.M. PT) during the promotion period. This limit applies regardless of the number of different e-mail addresses/mobile phone numbers a person has.
(B) ONLINE: To enter electronically online, visit WWW.CSWEAT.COM, click on the RALPHS FOOTBALL icon and complete the official entry form. Then click “submit” to submit your entry. All entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. (PT), 7/15/17.
Any person who attempts to participate with multiple e-mail and/or street addresses, under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times on a given day (as defined above) will be disqualified. Entries must be manually key-stroked. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed or like means are prohibited and will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail account or mobile phone number from which the entry is submitted as of the date of entry (as applicable). With regard to e-mail account, Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. With regard to mobile phone number, Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned a mobile phone number by a wireless carrier or other organization responsible for assigning mobile phone numbers.
This information will be used solely for the purpose of this Sweepstakes and will not be disseminated to any third parties. The Participating Retailer, Administrator of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors/participating vendors and their agencies are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, incomplete, corrupted, destroyed, delayed, misdirected entries, regardless of cause, and all such entries are void. The Participating Retailer, Administrator of the Sweepstakes, and Sponsors/participating vendors assume no responsibility for computer system, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
- DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted on or about 7/17/17. Drawing will consist of all eligible text and online entries received up to and including 11:59 P.M. PT, 7/15/17. Potential GRAND PRIZE winners will be notified by phone and/or e-mail.
- PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV): GRAND PRIZE (10): Each GRAND PRIZE winner will receive an exclusive fanpack consisting of an official size replica football, a team cap and gym bag. ARV of each Grand Prize: $80. Odds of winning GRAND PRIZE depends on the number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prize consists only of those items specifically listed as part of prize. All unspecified expenses relative to participation in Sweepstakes (including all costs associated with acceptance or possession of prize[s]) are the sole responsibility of winner. Each GRAND PRIZE winner is solely responsible for any federal tax, and/or any state that claims taxes are due on prize(s); GRAND PRIZE winner will be issued an IRS 1099 Tax Form for the total fair market value of GRAND PRIZE, as applicable. If a potential winner cannot accept prize as stated, prize will be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate winner time permitting. Limit one GRAND PRIZE per person/family/household. Prizes are not transferable. No cash equivalent or prize substitution except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors for a prize of comparable value, due to unavailability of prize for any reason.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Entrant agrees (a) to these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects; (b) to release and hold harmless the Ralph’s Grocery Store and Markets (Participating Retailer), Sports Profiles, (Administrator of the Sweepstakes), Farmer John Foods/Hormel Foods Corp., The Hershey Company (Sponsors/participating vendors), and their respective parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, their respective advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives and employees (individually and collectively “Releasees”) from any and all liability, losses, damages or injuries whatsoever (whether due to negligence or otherwise) to person(s), including death, or property, arising in whole or in part, from his/her participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or possession, use/misuse of the prize(s), or participation in any sweepstakes-related activity; and, (c) acceptance of the prize(s) constitutes permission to the Participating Retailer, Sponsors/participating vendors, the Administrator of the Sweepstakes and their respective agencies to the use of winners’ names, pictures, and/or likenesses for advertising, trade or publicity purposes at any time or times, in any media now known or hereafter discovered or devised, world wide, and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval, and any and all rights to said use, without further compensation, where legally permitted. Releasees are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering, or the announcement of the rules, the description of any prize, or in the administration of the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is offered only in California, and is void elsewhere and where prohibited by law.
- AFFIDAVITS/RELEASES: Each POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZE winner will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver and a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Materials”), all within indicated time period. Each POTENTIAL guest will also be required to complete a Liability Waiver and a Publicity Release. Prize Claim Materials will be emailed or faxed to potential winner for download and return to Sports Profiles by indicated time. If the Prize Claim Materials are not returned to Profile Network, Inc., by the applicable deadline regardless of cause, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected (time permitting). If prize notification or a prize is undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected (time permitting).
- GENERAL RELEASE AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: The Participating Retailer, Sponsors/participating vendors and Administrator of the Sweepstakes are not responsible for: (a) incomplete, illegible, misdirected, incomplete, corrupted, late, lost, damaged, stolen submissions of Prize Claim Materials regardless of cause and all such Prize Claim Materials are void; (b) any damage to an entrant’s or other person’s mobile device or computer system which is caused or occasioned by accessing the Website or claiming prize(s); (c) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Sweepstakes; (d) hardware or software or program or programming malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in any printed copy or artwork, any prize offering announcement or any Prize Claim Materials; or (f) any errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, digital or technical in nature, or unauthorized human intervention; (g) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with, or utilized in the Sweepstakes; or (h) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture or loss of any information. Prize Claim Materials submitted become the sole property of Sponsors/participating vendors and/or the Administrator of the Sweepstakes and will not be returned. Sponsors/participating vendors and/or the Administrator of the Sweepstakes shall not correspond with Participants except for potential winners as outlined herein. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Participant hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Participating Retailer, Sponsors/participating vendors, and the Administrator of the Sweepstakes from and against any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, property damage, death and bodily injury, (whether due to negligence or otherwise) due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes related activity, or participation in any prize-related activities, or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Participants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim said prize and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming or seeking to claim said prize. By accepting prize(s), except where such condition is legally prohibited, each verified winner hereby agrees and grants Participating Retailer, Sponsors/participating vendors, the Administrator of the Sweepstakes and their respective agencies the right, but not the obligation, to the use of his or her name, voice and likeness, along with his or her address (city and state) and any statements made by or attributed to such winner in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without notice, review or approval, in perpetuity and throughout the universe for advertising, commercial and promotional purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes and other promotions without further compensation, and release the Participating Retailer, Sponsors/participating vendors, Administrator of the Sweepstakes and their respective agencies from any liability with respect thereto. Sponsors/participating vendors and/or the Administrator of the Sweepstakes reserve the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend or extend the Sweepstakes in any way, if it determines, in their sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes has been compromised, impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions (including, without limitation, computer viruses or other deleterious programs or materials, glitches or printing or production errors) have destroyed or severely undermined the proper play, integrity, and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes. In the event Sponsors/participating vendors and/or the Administrator of the Sweepstakes is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond their control, then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsors/participating vendors and/or the Administrator of the Sweepstakes shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Sweepstakes and make the prizes available to be won by such means as shall be considered fair and equitable in their sole discretion. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded.
Each winner (and his/her guests) agrees to maintain their behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any prize-related activity. Prize winners understand and agree that Sponsors/participating vendors and/or Administrator have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any prize winner or his/her guest from any activity at any time if a winner or his/her guest’s behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsors/participating vendors and/or the Administrator, or otherwise violates the policies of the Sponsors/participating vendors and/or the Administrator (all as determined by Sponsors/participating vendors and/or the Administrator in their sole discretion). If any activity relating to the prize is cancelled or postponed for any reason, the balance of the prize will be awarded in full satisfaction of the prize awarded.
- GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE: This Sweepstakes is conducted in English (which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning), and any and all disputes will be resolved in the appropriate courts in Cook County, State of Illinois, exclusively, and subject to the internal, substantive laws of the State of Illinois in the U.S. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to the personal jurisdiction of such courts; waive any right of change of venue, forum non conveniens or like right; agree to bring any action regarding the Sweepstakes individually (not as part of a class action); and agree that their recovery shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in participating in the Sweepstakes (if any) and waive any and all damages (including but not limited to compensatory, punitive, consequential or incidental damages) as well as any right to attorneys’ fees. Should there be any conflict between the laws of Illinois and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Illinois.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to SPORTS PROFILES/RALPHS FOOTBALL Winners List, 4709 Golf Rd., Ste. 807, Skokie, IL 60076, to be received by 8/17/17. Winners’ List may also be posted online.
- SPONSORS/PARTICIPATING VENDORS: Farmer John Foods/Hormel Foods Corp., Austin, MN 55912; The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA 17033.
- PARTICIPATING RETAILER: Ralph’s Grocery Store and Markets, Los Angeles, CA 90054
- ADMINISTRATOR OF THE SWEEPSTAKES: Sports Profiles, Skokie, IL 60076.
This promotion is not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the Los Angeles Chargers.