MMA legend Big John McCarthy catches up with Tennessee Titans Strength & Conditioning Coach Steve Watterson. An awesome push-up circuit with options for beginners and more advanced viewers. Filmed at the Titans Headquarters in Nashville.
Go big or go home! If you work hard, you can ‘cheat’ hard, from time to time and within reason. Check out how Phil Heath indulges once in awhile and how he balances that out with his fitness and training schedules. Knowledge is power, in and out of the gym.
Hollywood Physique Expert Eric The Trainer and MMA Legend Big John McCarthy catch up with Tennessee Titans Strength & Conditioning Coach Steve Watterson. An awesome glimpse into what it takes to make it on the Titans, not to mention a great kettle bell drill. Filmed at the Titans Headquarters in Nashville. Knowledge is power, in and out of the gym! #season4 #teamcsweat
- 4½ oz. sourdough bread, cubed
- Olive oil, as needed
- Salt, as needed
- 2 lbs. baby carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise
- Cucumber Salad (recipe follows)
- 3 fresh California avocados, peeled, seeded, diced
- ½ oz. cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t. sea salt
- Toasted black sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cucumber Salad
- 2 lbs. Japanese or pickling cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 5 oz. shallots, thinly sliced
- ¼ oz. Thai chili, thinly sliced
- 2 oz. ginger, finely julienned
- 3 cups rice wine vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 T. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Toss sourdough bread cubes with 1 T. olive oil; sprinkle with salt. Spread on baking sheet; bake for 10-12 minutes until crisp and light-brown. Cool.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Blanch carrots for 4-5 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain carrots; place in a bowl of ice water.
3. Drain cucumber salad, reserving some liquid. Drain carrots; mix with cucumber salad in a large bowl with some cucumber salad liquid. Add diced avocado, sourdough croutons, cilantro leaves, sea salt, and extra virgin olive oil. Mix gently. Add more salt or olive oil as needed, to taste.
4. Divide salad among six bowls (2½ cups per bowl). Drizzle each with a little more olive oil; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
For cucumber salad
In a large bowl, combine cucumber, shallot, chili, ginger, vinegar, sugar and salt. Mix well to dissolve sugar. Transfer to smaller container. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
Reprinted with permission from the American Culinary Federation. Credit: Gregory Gourdet, Chef, Departure Restaurant and Lounge, Portland, Oregon. The National Culinary Review, October 2015
Hollywood Physique Expert Eric The Trainer and Tae Bo® Creator Billy Blanks chat with NBA star Zach LaVine to discuss how he prepares for the game and the importance of mobility, agility and endurance in his training programs