The Celebrity Sweat team is excited to announce our new partnership with Stroops! Check out the new landing page and great products by visiting the Store button above or click here.
A word from Chef Walls:
“Served in a bowl of sun-dried tomato risotto topped with McCormick Culinary Dill Weed-seasoned carrots, Chef Douglas Wall’s Cinnamon Crusted Salmon seafood entrée will have diners swimming through your doors, just in time for the busy holiday season. Treat their taste buds to these seasoned filets, spiced with McCormick Culinary Zesty Pepper, Ground Cinnamon, Black Ground, and Cayenne Pepper.”
Cinnamon Crusted Salmon
- 4 ounces Salmon, filets
- ½ cup McCormick Culinary Zesty Pepper Seasoning Blend
- ½ cup McCormick Culinary Cinnamon, Ground
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ cup McCormick Culinary Pepper, Black Ground
- ½ cup McCormick Culinary Cayenne Pepper
- Sun-Dried Tomato Risotto
- 1-ounce Sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- ½ cup Shallots, minced
- 1 each Garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- ¼ cup Parmesan, freshly grated
- Heirloom Carrots
- 4 cups Heirloom carrots
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Culinary Dill Weed
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
*For a yield of 24 servings multiplies all ingredients by 6.
For the Cinnamon Crusted Salmon:
1. Season salmon filets with seasoning. Melt butter in sauté pan, sear salmon and cook to medium rare-medium.
For the Carrots:
1. Slice carrots in half, toss in oil and dill, roast in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
or the Sun-Dried Tomato Risotto:
1. In a small saucepan simmer the tomatoes in the water for 1 minute then drain and chop.
2. In a saucepan melt the unsalted butter and add shallots and garlic. Sauté until translucent. Add the rice, stirring until each grain is coated with butter, and mix in the tomatoes. Add chicken stock (½ cup) and cook the mixture over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed. Until the rice is tender, continue adding the liquid, ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly and letting each portion be absorbed before adding the next. Add cream, parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
1. In a bowl place the sun-dried tomato risotto and top with heirloom carrots and cinnamon crusted salmon.
Reprinted with permission from American Culinary Federation with Credit to: Douglas Walls, Catering and Private Chef in Black Mountain, NC
Join the Csweat Team as we take to the high seas to talk fitness with NFL sensation Jarvis Landry! From tips to music – these fitness accessories are important to getting your groove on when hitting the gym. Check it out and sweat it up with the best of the best, and take your workout up a notch.
Hit the gym with the Celebrity Sweat team in Miami as we prep for the annual Celebrity Sweat Softball Challenge. The team caught up with Morgan Moses to discuss mentoring and fitness – NFL style. Take notes and hit the gym ready to sweat it up!
Follow us on social media, youtube or at www-5w2ba.hosts.cx for more tips and healthy lifestyle suggestions.