Hit the locker room with members of the LA Kings and our very own MMA great John McCarthy! Get some great warm-up tips for your training session, and visit our youtube channel for hundreds of tips from some of your favorite celebrities and pro athletes!
This weekend the Team is coming at you from Vegas and trains with the guys from Magic Mike, talk fitness with the one and only Carrot Top, Jose Canseco, Kevin Lee, the new Vegas Knights and much more! Check your local listings for time and Discovery Life Channel.
We had a great time in Minnesota, and enjoyed an very exciting game, where Team Flutie beat Team Vick in a game that had it all!
We were able to also include some very special Vets in this year’s game and they brought the heat, it was intense. Read on for all the highlights.
Enjoy the live stream from this year’s game!
We are excited to announce that the 2018 Celebrity Flag Football Challenge in Woodbury, MN. was a huge success!
The weekend began with our Private VIP Bash Friday February 2, 2018 – where guests enjoyed a fun filled evening of bowling, food, music, celebrity Meet & Greets, and more.
Saturday morning we were excited to team up with the City of Woodbury for the ‘Anytime Fitness Super Snow Spectacular’ taking place at the Healtheast Sports Center.
There was FREE FAMILY FUN which included games, food, outdoor ice skating and much more.
The 18th annual Celebrity Flag Football Pre-Game Show began at noon and featured bands from local high schools, mascots Mudonna from the Saints, and Captain Runningman and Xpressa from Anytime Fitness.
At 12:30 p.m. we hosted a special ‘Military Mini Flag Football Scrimmage’ featuring local Military Vets versus the Pro & Celebrity participants in this year’s 18th Celebrity Flag Football Challenge.
Kick-off for the 2018 Celebrity Game was at 1:00 p.m. and included the Presentation of Colors from numerous local Military Branches.
The game was again Live-Streamed on ESPN3!
NFL Alumni Doug Flutie and Michael Vick took the field and led the charge as a star studded line-up of pro-athletes competed for bragging rights.
Your official 2018 Celebrity Flag Football Roster!
Team Flutie – Blue Team –
Doug Flutie – Quarterback
Michael Irvin – Captain
Kevin Lee – UFC Fighter
Billy Blanks – Tae Bo Creator
Tye Smith – Titans
Andre Reed – Hall of Famer
Darius Butler – Colts
Tyreek Hill – Chiefs
Brandon Marshall – Broncos
Alec Penix – Celebrity Sweat Trainer
Team Vick – Red Team –
Michael Vick – Quarterback
Ron Jaworski- Captain
Cazzey Cereghino – Hollywood Stuntman
Anthony “Rumble” Johnson
Clay Guida – UFC Fighter
Chris Manhertz – Panthers
Mike Adams – Panthers
Eddie Pleasant – Texans
Or TJ Ward – Jaguars
Deion Jones – Falcons
De’Vondre Campbell – Falcons
The game was aired simultaneously outside by the Healtheast ice skating rink and fire pit!
The game benefited Mission 22 and other local Military organizations. To learn more about the important work and programs offered by Mission 22 just click on the logo link below!
We’d Like to Give a Huge Shout-Out To This Year’s Exciting Partner Roster!
- 1 stick butter
- 6-8 T. flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 cups tomato sauce, divided
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ¼ cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 seeded zucchini
- 1 seeded summer squash
- ½ white onion
- ½ red onion
- Olive oil, to coat vegetables
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small bag cleaned spinach
- 1½ boxes lasagna sheets
- 1 lb. shredded mozzarella
1) To make bechamel: Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Add flour; cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Whisk in cream slowly, until mixture thickens. Strain into large bowl; cool. Mix cooled bechamel with 5 cups tomato sauce, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and Romano cheese.
2) Medium-dice red pepper, yellow pepper, zucchini, summer squash, white onion and red onion; toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast at 350ºF for 20 minutes until tender. Add spinach. Cool vegetables.
3) Cook lasagna sheets in large pot of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente. Strain; rinse under cold water. Pat dry with kitchen towel; drizzle with olive oil.
4) In greased 9×13-inch baking dish, layer lasagna as follows: tomato mixture, lasagna sheets, vegetables, mozzarella, tomato mixture. Repeat at least four times until reach top of baking pan. Add remaining cup tomato sauce; top with mozzarella.
5) Cover with aluminum foil; bake at 350ºF for 50 minutes. Remove foil; continue baking for 20 minutes, untilcrust is golden. Remove from oven; rest about 20 minutes before slicing.
Reprinted with permission from American Culinary Federation: Credit: Antico Forno, Boston
The National Culinary Review, January 2016
UPDATE TO OUR WELLNESS EVENT THIS SUNDAY: We have added a Zumba class at 11:30 am to warm you up for the big Tae Bo class with Billy Blanks at noon.
Also joining us will be fitness model/actor James Ellis who will be taking pictures, signing autographs and talking fitness from 10:00 am to 11:00 am.
Then from 11:00am – 1:00 pm singer/songwriter Jake Miller will be joining us!!
So much fun and fitness packed into one afternoon.
Skyspace Los Angeles
633 W 5th St, Los Angeles, California 9007110am-2pm.
Sign up today at click here for more details and to reserve your spot!!