Catch some exceptional fit tips from an array of top athletes, celebrities and musicians from our exciting 2nd season of Celebrity Sweat!
Coming soon! Catch the entire 3rd season of Celebrity Sweat, here at csweat.com. Re-live your favorite episodes or just see what you’ve been missing!
- 1½ cup dried adzuki beans
- ¼ cup arame sea vegetable
- ¼ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1½ tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1¼ cup basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup grated carrots
1. Put beans in a large bowl, cover with water and set aside to let soak for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Drain beans and put in a large pot with 8 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until tender, 45 to 60 minutes. Drain and rinse gently under cold water. Set aside to let cool completely. Meanwhile, soak arame in cold water for 15 minutes; drain and rinse well.
3. Put oils, ginger, garlic, basil, vinegar, pepper flakes, tamari and lime juice into a large bowl and whisk to make a dressing. Add cooled beans, arame, green onions and carrots and toss gently to combine.
Published with permission from the American Culinary Federation – credit to: Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, January 2016
Top-level personal trainer Adam Friedman takes us through a great leg stretch routine with actor/boxer Victor Ortiz and NBA great Kelly Oubre, Jr.
Last month, the Celebrity Sweat Team, led by Tae Bo creator Billy Blanks, got to hang out with the Illinois Special Olympic Athletes at Soldier Field. We had a blast, and hope you enjoy these highlights!