Avocado Ceviche Andina
- 1 small sweet potato, diced
- 5 (4-5 oz.) sea bass fillets, deboned
- 1½ t. cilantro
- 1½ t. chopped aji limo chili
- ¾ cup julienned red onion
- 1 cup Amarillo Tiger’s Milk (recipe follows)
- 1 ripe Peruvian Hass avocado, diced
- 10 goldenberries, husks removed, halved
- (tomatillos can be substituted)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Amarillo Tiger’s Milk
- 10-12 limes
- 1½ T. ginger, peeled, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 cilantro stems, chopped
- 1/3 cup aji amarillo chili pasteSea salt, to taste
1. In medium pot, put sweet potato and enough salted water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover, cook for 10 minutes or until just tender on outside, firm in center. Remove from heat; shock in bowl of ice water. Set aside.
2. Cut sea bass in 1-inch diamond-shaped pieces. In large bowl, combine sea bass, cilantro, aji limo chili and red onion. Add amarillo tiger’s milk; carefully mix by hand to fully incorporate. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to marinate.
3. Gently mix in avocado, goldenberries and sweet potato. Serve immediately.
For amarillo tiger’s milk:
In medium bowl, juice limes. Mix in ginger, garlic and cilantro. Add aji amarillo chili paste; mix thoroughly. Season with sea salt, as needed. Reserve refrigerated.
Reprinted with permission from the American Culinary Federation. Credit: Martin Morales, Owner/Chef, Ceviche, London, Flavor Ambassador, Avocados from Peru. The National Culinary Review, October 2015