Bartlett Pear Fritter with Sweet Lemon Ricotta
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- T. baking powder
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups soda water
- 6 Bartlett pears, cored, cut in eighths
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- ½ cup lemon marmalade
- 3 T. honey
1. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt and pepper in large bowl. Add soda water, whisking until smooth; add more as necessary to achieve desired consistency. Allow batter to rest 1 hour.
2. Dip pears in batter; deep-fry in 375°F oil until golden-brown, about 3 minutes.
3. Combine ricotta with marmalade and honey in small bowl; stir until smooth. Serve as dipping sauce for fritters.
Reprinted with permission from the American Culinary Federation; Credit: Nicholas Farrel, Chef, Sovana Bistro, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania The National Culinary Review, July/August 2016