Catch all the game highlights from the 2019 Celebrity Flag Football Challenge as Team Flutie/Quavo took on Team Vick/Irvin!
Download the NEW Csweat Ultimate Fitness App today! Available in the Apple and Google play stores.
Celebrity Sweat is excited to announce that we co-hosted the 19th annual Celebrity Flag Football Challenge with SunTrust and the Atlanta Braves at SunTrust Park, in Atlanta Georgia on Feb. 2, 2019.
The 2019 game featured an epic showdown between last year’s winning QB – Doug Flutie coaching Quavo’s team against fellow football alum Michael Vick with Hall of Famer Michael Irvin. The team rosters were:
TEAM FLUTIE – QUAVO
Doug Flutie – Captain
Quavo – Quarterback
Roscoe Dash- Musician
Jarvis Landry – Browns
Jalen Tabor- Lions
Warrick Dunn – Falcons Alum
De’Vondre Campbell – Falcons
Darius Slay – Lions
Offset – Musician
Tyron Woodley – UFC Champion
Cazzey Cereghino – HollywoodStuntman
Desmond King– Chargers
Rashad Ross – NFL
TEAM VICK – IRVIN
Michael Vick – NFL AlumQuarterback
Michael Irvin – Captain
Brian Jordan – Alumni Falcons/Braves
Melvin Gordon – Chargers
Devin Hester – Falcons Alum
Brian Poole – Falcons
Davon Godchaux – (Dolphins)
Bryan Braman – NFL
Donovan Carter – HBO
Chris Lofton – HBO
Trai Turner – Panthers
Johnson Bademosi – Texans
Chris Manhertz – Panthers
Our Honorary Captains were Andre Reed and Atlanta fan favorite & dual athlete Brian Jordan.
This year’s winning team was Team Flutie, and the game MVP honors were shared between Doug Flutie and Brian Jordan.
The event included a Pre-Game Show featuring Mays High School band and cheerleaders, and pro mascots from the Braves and the Falcons.
We also featured our annual Military Scrimmage, where members of our Armed Forces were able to scrimmage against the pros prior to Kick-off. Then we teamed up with Top Dogg K9 Foundation to present a special Service Dog to deserving local Vet.
Check out some game highlights below!
We would like to thank this year’s event partners:
We would like to thank this year’s media partners: 11 Alive, KICKS 101.5 FM, ROCK 100.5, Q100, TALK 106.7, Atlanta Journal Constitution.
This year’s event benefited; Heroes Sports, Top Dogg/Vdogs K9 Foundation, and The Wounded Warrior Project
We also had representation from Warrior Wishes, 4theFallen, Ft. Benning, The Marines, Navy and Army.
Special thank you to this year’s Official Equipment Partners:
This event is not affiliated, endorsed or sponsored by Major League Baseball or MLB Properties.
See you all next year in Miami!
¾ cup sweet sorghum flour
¾ cup brown rice flour
1 t. baking soda
½ t. xanthan gum
¼ t. guar gum
¼ t. salt
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
¼ cup vegetable oil
¾ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 large egg, beaten
1 t. vanilla
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat standard 12-count muffin tin with cooking spray. In mixing bowl, combine sorghum flour, brown rice flour, baking soda, xanthan gum, guar gum and salt. In separate bowl, cream together bananas and oil. Add sugar, applesauce, egg and vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture to banana mixture in three parts, stirring well after each addition; fold in chocolate chips. Pour mixture into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean. Cool on rack.
Credit: Clemson University’s Culinary Nutrition Undergraduate Student Research Group
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, February 2012
Eric the Trainer and Tae Bo creator Billy Blanks lead the Csweat team as we catch up with NFL great Jarvis Landry to talk fitness, and healthy lifestyles, for on and off your field of choice!
- ¼ cup (60 mL) split red lentils
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest plus juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- ¾ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) poppy seeds
- Lemon Drizzle
- ½ cup (125 mL) confectioner’s sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) cream
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Bring 1 cup (250 mL) of water to a boil in a small saucepan; add the lentils and cook for 12 minutes, or until very soft. Drain well and set aside to cool slightly.
3. Into the bowl of a food processor, place the butter, sugar, egg, and lemon zest and juice. Add the lentils and pulse until well blended and smooth. It may look curdled–that is fine.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and pulse until the dough begins to come together. Add the poppy seeds and pulse once or twice, then carefully remove the dough and knead it once or twice with your hands. If it is really sticky, do this on a well-floured surface, incorporating a little more flour into the dough.
5. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and with dampened hands, shape into 12-14 inch (31-36 cm) long log, and then flatten to 3-4 inches (8-10 cm) wide. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until pale golden and set. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
6. Reduce the oven to 275°F (150°C). Once the biscotti log has completely cooled, slice on a slight diagonal into ½-inch thick slices and return to the baking sheet, sitting them upright, spaced at least one inch (2.5 cm) apart. Return to the oven for 30 minutes, or until crisp, pale golden and dry.
7. Whisk together the confectioner’s sugar, cream, and lemon juice. Drizzle over the cooled biscotti and leave until set.
Credit: Courtesy of Canadian Lentils
Reprinted with permission from the American Culinary Federation
Water and hydration is beneficial on many levels for living a healthy lifestyle, losing weight and replenishing your body after an intense workout.
Hit the vert ramp with skateboarding legend Tony Hawk, as he shares how he stays at the top of his sport and the mental and physical challenges he overcomes to reach new heights. Catch the season 5 and the whole episode featuring Tony coming in January to Amazon Prime.
Catch up with Minnesota Vikings QB Kirk Cousins as he shares with the Celebrity Sweat team some of his healthy eating habits for maintaining high energy nutritional standards while competing in the NFL.