Join the team and some of your favorite celebrities as they talk healthy eating!
The Team, joined by some of our Celebrity friends, sit down to a great meal of protein and fun!
The Team, led by TJ Millard talk healthy eating for weight loss with Dr. Dan of SWAT Fuel!
- ¼ cup (60 mL) split red lentils
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest plus juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- ¾ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) poppy seeds
- Lemon Drizzle
- ½ cup (125 mL) confectioner’s sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) cream
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Bring 1 cup (250 mL) of water to a boil in a small saucepan; add the lentils and cook for 12 minutes, or until very soft. Drain well and set aside to cool slightly.
3. Into the bowl of a food processor, place the butter, sugar, egg, and lemon zest and juice. Add the lentils and pulse until well blended and smooth. It may look curdled–that is fine.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and pulse until the dough begins to come together. Add the poppy seeds and pulse once or twice, then carefully remove the dough and knead it once or twice with your hands. If it is really sticky, do this on a well-floured surface, incorporating a little more flour into the dough.
5. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and with dampened hands, shape into 12-14 inch (31-36 cm) long log, and then flatten to 3-4 inches (8-10 cm) wide. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until pale golden and set. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
6. Reduce the oven to 275°F (150°C). Once the biscotti log has completely cooled, slice on a slight diagonal into ½-inch thick slices and return to the baking sheet, sitting them upright, spaced at least one inch (2.5 cm) apart. Return to the oven for 30 minutes, or until crisp, pale golden and dry.
7. Whisk together the confectioner’s sugar, cream, and lemon juice. Drizzle over the cooled biscotti and leave until set.
Credit: Courtesy of Canadian Lentils
Reprinted with permission from the American Culinary Federation
Catch up with Minnesota Vikings QB Kirk Cousins as he shares with the Celebrity Sweat team some of his healthy eating habits for maintaining high energy nutritional standards while competing in the NFL.
Football season is underway, and its time to start thinking about tailgating! You don’t need to sacrifice taste for healthy options – check out this clip featuring NFL legend Michael Irvin, UFC fighter Anthony ‘Rumble” Johnson, and Chef Carroll -as they whip up some delicious healthy snack ideas! Be sure to invite the Csweat team to your next tailgate – or share your recipe and pix on our Facebook page – CelebritySweat.