Roasted Roots in Orange Glaze
Make sure you cut your veggies all the same size
• Orange juice: 4 oz
• Honey: 11/2 oz
• Dried cranberries: 11/2 oz
• Dried cherries: 11/2 oz
• Pitted prunes roughly chopped: 11/2 oz
• Cinnamon: 1/2 teaspoon
• Sweet potatoes peeled and chopped: 1 lbs
• Carrots: 1/2 lbs
• Parsnips: 1/2 lbs
• Pearl onion: 1/2 lb
• Extra virgin olive oil : 11/2 tablespoon
1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a large deep skillet bring orange juice honey dried fruits and cinnamon simmer over medium high heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Cover and turn off the heat.
2. In a large bowl add all veggies. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Spread veggies evenly on a baking sheet. Turn entire baking pan every 15mins. Bake for 30 mins or until tender.
3. Transfer roasted veggies to large skillet with the orange juice and dried fruit. Simmer again for until veggies are glazed about 5-10 mins.
Cooking time is 1h 10m