Fit Crunch Bars
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced
- 1 medium-sized celery stalk, minced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 t. salt, divided (or to taste)
- About 10 large mushrooms (white or cremini), minced or sliced
- 1-2 handfuls fresh green beans, trimmed, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 T. minced garlic
- 1 t. dried or 1 T. fresh oregano or marjoram
- 2-3 stalks ruby chard, chopped (include stems, keep separate)
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 small (6-inch) zucchini, diced or sliced
- ½ cup (packed) minced fresh basil leaves
- 1 (15-oz.) can navy or pea beans, thoroughly rinsed, drained
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges
- Walnut/Parmesan Crisps (recipe follows)
- Walnut/Parmesan Crisps
- ¹/3 cup grated Parmesan
- ¹/3 cup coarsely ground walnuts
- Nonstick spray (canola- or olive-oil based)
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
– Grind oats in a food processor and place in a mixing bowl along with the flour, baking soda and salt.
– In a separate mixing bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add oil, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth, then add to the bowl (with the mixer running) the dry ingredients. Beat on low speed until all ingredients are mixed.
– Form tablespoon size cookie dough balls and place them on the sprayed sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake the cookies for about 12-15 minutes, until cookies are golden on top.
– Place the sliced Fit Crunch Bar pieces in the center of each cookie and slightly push the slices into the cookies, allow slices to stick. Allow cookies to chill and serve.