Grilled Fruit Kabobs
- 12 skewers
- 4 cups assorted cubed fruit
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-hot.
2. Thread fruit cubes evenly onto the skewers, alternating the fruit varieties.
3. In a small bowl, mix together honey, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon.
4. Lightly brush the kebobs with oil and place on the grill. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side, basting with the honey mixture until you see grill marks. Remove from grill and brush with any remaining honey. Serve warm.
Reprinted with permission from the American Culinary Federation and Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, October 2015Reprinted with permission from the American Culinary Federation and Credit: Mollie Katzen, Cookbook Author/Artist
The National Culinary Review, February 2010