Papillote of Cauliflower and Mushrooms – as seen on Spike TV
Did you catch the first episode of Celebrity Sweat with Eric the Trainer this past Saturday?
Here’s the delicious healthy recipe Eric and Big John had the fun of preparing with the help of Chef Todd of the Equinox Restaurant of Washington DC. Enjoy!!
Papillote of Cauliflower and Mushroom Kabocha Squash, Artichoke Hearts and Quince Vinegar.
- 6 pieces of aluminum foil approximately 10’’ by 10’’
- 6 tbsp. Earth Balance, margarine or butter substitute
- 3 shallots finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 lb. cauliflower and mushrooms, or oyster mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. of quince vinegar or rich apple cider vinegar
- 4 artichoke hearts–poached and sliced
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 oz. Riesling wine or other slightly sweet white wine
- 2 tbsp. kabocha squash purée or spiced pumpkin purée
- 6 pieces of grilled sour-dough bread
- s&p to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, preferably convection.
- Take aluminum foil sheets and rub center 3 inches with butter substitute.
- Sprinkle with shallots and garlic.
- Top with mushrooms and artichoke hearts.
- Drizzle with olive oil and white wine.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Lightly place small droplets of pumpkin puree on top of mushrooms.
- Bring the edges of foil up into a pouch-like shape, being sure to roll edges so as to be air tight and sealed well.
- Place packets into oven and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove Papillote from oven.
- Open carefully so as to release steam.
- Pour contents of foil Papillote into a shallow rim bowl.
- Drizzle with quince vinegar and garnish with grilled sour dough.