Puttanesca Tuna Burgers
- 3-5 lbs of fresh raw Tuna, large diced 3 tbsp minced Capers 3 tbsp minced raisins 1 tsp minced garlic 3 tbsp minced black olives 3 tbsp minced red onion 1 tsp dry oregano .5 tsp red pepper flakes 1/3 cup chopped parsely 3 tbsp toasted pinenuts 1/3 cup Evo oil salt/pepper to taste sliced red onions, grilled roasted red peppers pesto whole wheat hamburger rolls non-stick cooking spray
Place raw diced tuna in a food processor and rough mince the tuna.
Remove minced tuna from processor and place in a chilled mixing bowl.
– Mix the other ingredients with the tuna and season tuna burger mix with pepper and salt, to taste. – Form 7 oz tuna burger patties and keep in fridge until ready to cook.
– Preheat the grill and spray the tuna burger patties with non-stick cooking spray. Place the burgers on the grill and cook each side for 4 mins for medium.
– Toast the buns on the grill when the tuna burgers are almost ready.
Spread pest on the bottom buns and place burger on top of pesto.
– Garnish burgers with charred red onions and red peppers.