Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 butternut squash neck, reserve body
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 T. brown sugar
- ½ cup apple cider
1. Remove neck of butternut squash, reserve body. Cut squash neck into 8 slices, lengthwise. Place slices on half sheet tray.
2. Scrape vanilla bean over slices; sprinkle with brown sugar; add cider.
3. Roast in 350oF oven until tender. Remove; cool.
4. Slice in 11/4-inch x 31/4-inch rectangle. Score out center leaving 1/4-inch border; reserve for service.
Published with permission from The American Culinary Federation – Credit: J. Kevin Walker, CMC, director of food, service and clubhouse operations, Grandfather Golf & Country Club, Linville, North Carolina
Sizzle, Winter 2014