- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 lb turkey sausage – ground
- 1/2 cup minced carrots
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 3 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 qt crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta (or pasta of your choice) – cooked
- 1 bunch parsley – choppedsalt and pepper to taste
Heat the grapeseed oil in a pan, once hot add turkey sausage and cook until meat is cooked through
Add onions, celery and carrots and cook for 5 minutes until tender
Add ground turkey meat and cook through
Add white wine and cook for an additional 3 minutes, then add garlic and tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, chicken stock and stir.
Reduce for 30 minutes, then whisk in ricotta cheese.
Toss in pasta and parsley and serve.