- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) Almond Breeze Almond Milk Original Unsweetened
- 1/3 cup (63 g) chia seeds
- 1/4 cup (24 g) cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-5 Tbsp (30-75 ml) maple syrup if not blending (can sub 5-9 dates, pitted if blending)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients except sweetener to a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously to combine. If you’re not blending, sweeten to taste with maple syrup at this time. If blending, you can sweeten later with maple syrup or dates.
- If blending, add to a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed. Sweeten to taste.
- Let rest, covered in the fridge overnight for at least 3-5 hours (or until it’s achieved a pudding-like consistency).
- Serve chilled with desired toppings, such as fruit, granola or coconut whipped cream.
- Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for 2-3 days, though it’s best when fresh.
Compliments of JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge, as seen on Celebrity Sweat with Eric the Trainer April 16, 2016