- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1½ cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 lb. asparagus spears, trimmed
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In large bowl, add carrots, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, garlic, potatoes and onions.
Toss well with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
Spread vegetables evenly on a large baking sheet.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring halfway through until vegetables are tender.
The outer leaves of the Brussels sprouts will turn a darkish brown color when roasted.
Reprinted with permission from the American Culinary Federation and Credit: Mollie Katzan, Cookbook Author/Artist
The National Culinary Review, February 2010