- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 4 green onions, sliced and dark green parts reserved for garnish
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch collard greens, thick stems removed and leaves sliced 1-inch wide
- 1 can no-salt-added adzuki beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 teaspoons toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake until tender when pierced with a fork, 45 minutes to an hour. Let cool, then peel and cut into 1-inch chunks.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring 1/2 cup broth to a simmer over medium high heat. Add white and light green parts of green onions and red bell pepper and cook about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Reduce heat to medium and stir in remaining 1/2 cup broth, collards and beans. Cover and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until collards are wilted and tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Divide greens between 2 bowls. Top with potatoes, sliced green onions, sunflower seeds and lime wedges and serve.
Reprinted with permission from the American Culinary Federation, with credit to: Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, January 2016. More receipt at acfchefs.org